Saturday, May 21, 2011

May Days..


May has been an eventful month so far..
Along with the usual spate of birthdays in the first week, marriages in the subsequent week, the soaring mercury, the mid-year blues. My mind has been too cluttered to say the least. Or perhaps this is just the beginning..

“Whenever there is the least sign of the nest becoming a jealous rival of the sky my mind like a migrant bird tries to take flight to a distant shore…”- Tagore
Just when I was getting comfortable in the place and the job, I decided to take flight. I tendered the second resignation of my life, clocking one exact year. Resigning on the same day I joined, we come with hopes and leave with a momentary sense of relief, of freedom. How false or true who is to judge..

Talking of hopes..
“Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness..” Matrix
How we muster all the strength to banish the weakness that persistently woes us at every step,  while precariously holding on to hope! How people place their hopes with you and for all your heart’s desire to live upto them… you fail one ‘May’ day.

Then there is the disappointing CCD Kerry crush(the spelling may be wrong). The first time you just love it and the second it tastes nothing better than crushed ice colored green. How you wish you had taken an orange ice-candy instead or a ice gola. I’m sure anything would taste better.  Is it just with that ice drink or is it always a big risk to revisit something you have loved first time around. What if the magic didn’t work this time.. and what if it’s always magical always true J  Thank god for keeping some things always magical. 

‘Magical realism’, that’s how people reviewed, ‘One hundred years of solitude ‘. I for my part found it strange. It stuck a note here and there but largely stayed abstruse. It went in circles flirting with reality on the outskirts but still remained in the realms of magical imagination.

So goes the tale of ‘May-days’.. and may the rest be magical. Atleast I can hope that..

No comments:

Post a Comment