Sunday, July 29, 2012

Suns and shadows-III

The lofty sky is so far above the lowly earth..
The earth is the playground of the mortals, the sky ostensibly of the immortals. 
The earth is a riot of colors, the sky a somber blue. 
They are miles apart, stretching far far across the eternity. They are so distant that we fool ourselves believing in a make believe horizon; a place where the earth and sky actually meet. It’s a beautiful illusion but nevertheless is an illusion. I believed in the beauty of this horizon, I believed that the horizon truly exists.
I thought if I waited long enough for the night to give way to morn I could see the sun shine bright at the far off horizon..
I thought if I waited for the bright sun to set, i could see the golden colors play at the distant horizon..
I needed to see the horizon to keep my faith alive..
I needed to see the horizon to keep my hope alive..
I needed to see the horizon to believe that the sky & the earth do meet eventually..

And then one day I just realized that all i was doing was waiting. Wait for something to happen and was so deep in self-doubt that i needed to look into the mirror each time to believe in my existence. I wondered if to wait is to cease living.. Life often brings us to this point of self-doubt, where we choose to either stay put and wait or stop waiting for things to happen.We wait stoically and patiently and perhaps long enough to see the horizon after the long day ends.. Or then sometimes we force ourselves out of this reverie of waiting and choose to stop believing..

Yet every time I watch the sun set in the vast blue waters of the ocean I still believe in the transient beauty of the moment...I guess acceptance of this transience is the only believe that can tide  the eternal wait for some of the most beautiful moments of life..

No comments:

Post a Comment