Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Winter again..


I walk alone along the lonely road, in the company of the sombre overcast sky and the empty trees. The wind decides to occasionaly creep up from behind to look for any leaves hidden in the safety of the tree branches. The anxious streetlamps wait for the faint evening light to subside as well. Eveything around is so peacefully silent and cold that I cannot help but remember the cozy winters spent back home with family in Naini.

I listen intently to the trees as I walk along. The leaves are but the rustling sound that you make as you walk along the road. The ideosyncratic fall colors are but the democratic brown now.
However if you listen intently you can hear the trees whisper the word 'snow' as a constant chant..You can feel the anticipation for snow and then the hope for the spring!

I get frequently distracted by the groups of birds noisily making their way back home. They are like the memories(I cannot think of another metaphor) that frequent you when you are all alone, may be to give you company or to mildly torment you, I am not exactly sure.  All I can offer is a kind welcome as they come to revisit the now vacant branches and comfortably rest for a while.

And perhaps hum along as I make my way back home..

"Woh pathjhad mein kuch patton ki girne ki aahat
kaano mein ik bar pehan ke laut aayi thi
pathjhad ki wo shaaqh abhi tak kaanp rahi hai
woh shaaqh gira do, mera woh saman lauta do
woh shaaqh gira do, mera woh saman lauta do.."


Sometimes my mind surprises me then it completes a visual image with some old hindi song..

No comments:

Post a Comment