Monday, December 24, 2012

Its cold here!

When its really very cold, all you can find is a single sock, a single mitten and surprisingly not even a single woolen cap by yourself. After hunting around for a while you keep coming back to mismatched socks and mittens and no cap still. My mom and my sister vehemently vouch that it happens only with me but thankfully my younger brother can testify in my favor!

Then there comes a winter evening when suddenly you realize you have grown old, very old and oddly cold! You find yourself standing at your home balcony and waving goodbye to your brother as he heads off to his college. Your mind keeps thinking of all the goodbyes when he was young enough to be at home while you visited on college breaks and office leaves. Me, my mom, my sister and my brother all can agree this time, it is a different goodbye when the youngest in the family takes on to the road!

Wishing him good-luck and hoping to have our rendezvous again. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you take the cold with you wherever you go, driftwood!

    ReplyDelete