Sunday, March 23, 2014

Optimist about it..

I drove along as Bastille-Pompei song played along. Its not a very remarkable song but catchy in its own way. Some songs have this quality that a single line or the chorus just stays with you through the day and even for days for no apparent reason.. how many times we just exclaim that 'this song is stuck in my head', well it happens with me quite often.

So I found myself suddenly humming these two lines from the song to myself almost unconsciously..
'I'm gonna be an optimist about this../I'm gonna be an optimist about this...'
The correct lines happen to be:
How am I gonna be an optimist about this? How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
Well you hear what you to want to hear!

I was running around my usual route and then I saw this tree in complete purple-pink blossoms. I thought of the tree just outside my window, I have been noticing small shoots, sprouts, buds for few days but I am still awaiting the dreary winter cloak to disappear completely. Its getting there...I'm just gonna be an optimist about it.. I caught myself singing the 'improvised' lyrics..

 When you go swimming, somehow the person on the adjacent lane seems to be faster than you, more graceful that you, stronger than you.. when you are catching your breath he/she is completing laps effortlessly. Again it could only be my experience and not hold true for good swimmers out there in the pool, but I like to think that I am getting closer to being faster than some adjacent folks..I'm just gonna be an optimist about it.. 

The dreariness of winter is a real thing, Self doubt is a real thing, but a dose of unreal optimism sometimes helps..'So I'm gonna be an optimist about this../so I'm gonna be an optimist about this...'

4 comments:

  1. And this is how we are. We draw sustenance from our milieu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @bhai...big words in small sentences... oooohhh.
    I know dis is hw 'we' are.. sometimes I am writing like I am talking to you.. tank u fr listening,reading & commenting(I blackmail dat part out f u)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To see u paint such beautiful imagery daubed with khatam ideas.... The pleasure is truly mine baccha...

    ReplyDelete