Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Confessions of a Non Believer

I don't belong in your world.. the world of early sun rises and hard work at crack of dawn..
I don't belong in your world.. the world of late nights with little rest..

I don't identify with your band.. the optimist fraternity believing in the promise of the day..
I don't sing your song, the trained voices rising in unison singing the choir..
I don't speak your language, the sound of the said word or the shape of the written letter
I don't drink from your chalice, the giddy euphoria of togetherness and drunken happiness
I don't share your dreams, the stories that parents tell their children when they put them to sleep..
I don't see with your eyes, the vistas and visions of future..

I don't believe in your kindness, the flavor of dishonest cruelty
I don't believe in your respect, the sycophancy of compromised morals..
I don't believe in your courage, the disappearing grin of the Cheshire cat..
I don't believe in your freedom, the safety valve lest the facade implode..
I don't believe in your religion, the diktats of the self serving..

I don't believe in your love, the thin veil hiding selfish fears..
I don't believe in your wars, the thin veil hiding selfish fears..

But I am trying..

4 comments:

  1. You also believe in Kejriwal.. need I say more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u misled me kiddo.. but anyways u also believe in Kejriwal, don't deny :)

    ReplyDelete