Friday, July 20, 2018

Heartbeats

To hear, to feel, to see-the rhythm of life..
So close to me yet revealing in only signs and feelings. Shrouded deep in mystery, making me both terrified and excited. Seeking reassurances in moments of silence.

I asked the outlines of the tall mountains against the dark sky,
The moon that later appeared in its daily rounds..

I asked the river as our bamboo raft made way,
And the birds that swooped to catch their prey..
I stood at the harbor asking the waves,
Even the wild ones that were busy in their play
I asked the swish of the water as I swam,
And the playful spray of the monsoon waterfall 

Did you hear the little heartbeats?

Sometimes I wonder if life is but a feeling. We feel most alive in the momentary flutters and the rush of emotions. Yet life is bigger than just being alive, it is about growing, learning and opening up to new experiences and feelings. To be honest the normal grind of human life follows the same rhythm (getting education, job, marriage, family) yet inevitably we embrace the flow of life because we develop attachments and feelings that we think we are incapable of. To feel vulnerability and great strength at the same time, to feel the little heartbeats in moments of silence..

6 comments:

  1. Loved this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!good to hear from you. How's life treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can't experience life without feelings. Vulnerability - birthplace of creativity, innovation and change - is the greatest strength a person can have. Be vulnerable: quake and shake in your boots with it. The new goodness that is coming to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read your blog sometimes to know your are well.. experiencing life and going through it happy.. the last was this and you haven't been writing so much.. been so long since then, that there are so many ends to pick up and talk about.. I hear you have a little one now :) how have you been.. so long and so out of touch.. I look forward to hearing from you.. lots of love..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi San.. feeling so many things after hearing from you after such a long time. I am good, bt mostly we need to talk.

    ReplyDelete