Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Friends need New Games


And then someday you just realize you played your best game of ‘mafia’ not today but the first time someone taught you.  I think of the mafia game and I recall the Nagarjuna Sagar, the Tata winger, the ‘shutter-island’ ah!  And the wonderful bunch of people I befriended back in Hyderabad. I suddenly realize how earnestly I miss them all.
And then we sit in CCD coffee shop assuming the characters of our favorite movie.  It was pure awesomeness, what an august company it was-the Kungfu Panda, Master Shifu, the Tigress and the peacock J Round and cheerful that’s how ‘S ‘qualified the Panda round. Sophisticated and prim R was the peacock through & through. I just recalled C was multitasking; she was the Tigress and the Master Sheep. To shadow the peacock in the Jade palace (Shilpa Park) we needed the Master Sheep.  And for this new school of histrionics Kungfu-style! I had to be the unassuming Master Shifu.

I still believe it was the rain dance on the roof top in Hyderabad that gave me the sneezes! All dripping and cold, that’s the way to enjoy a Sunday shower at home. And how do you enjoy the sun on weekdays? The team communal breaks in the evening.  Barista time in the ‘sprawling’ office lawn under the sun umbrellas, talking of life philosophically, talking of dreams, and cracking jokes at the manager’s expense…‘Pyar batete chalo!’
 I could go on counting all the ‘good-times’ but what strikes me today is how in retrospective all the days look so much more beautiful. Every time you move in with a new set of people you again have to make a fresh start. It will again take an effort to learn a new game because ‘the mafia game can never be as much fun as it was the first time when someone taught you’.

3 comments: