Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What do I have?


An old sea man, with his beautiful collection of rock pieces looks at the passing inquisitive tourist and with an enigmatic smile that is deeply self satisfied  proclaims, "All I have is rocks.."
 'I ain't got no house/Ain't got no car/I got me a 1950 Les Paul guitar/Wont you take it mister. Banker'- lyrics of a Lynyrd Skynyrd song."All I have is my music... you might as well put a price on that.."

I stood looking at the water front that stood between me and the shining lights of the city. This wasn't the all powerful ocean, this was just a stretch of backwaters. The waves didn't surf and foam. They rippled and danced all synchronized. There was something in the sound of the waters. It was like the sound of the oar cutting through the waters. An invisible hand rowing across, creating all these gentle waves. It was perhaps some wandering soul looking in the waters of life, for that 'pearl'. For the answer to the question, 'what do you have to offer'?

No comments:

Post a Comment