Monday, January 2, 2012

Another new year!


To look ahead 365 days from now and take a wild guess as to where life would take you is beyond imagination. To look back 365 days from now and think how far you have come along just makes you realize how life has its own way to unfold just one day at a time. I understand that the reverse clairvoyance to see that far back may seem overwhelming for some people. For those of you the closest example I can think of would be a kaleidoscope. The patterns change and emerge with each gentle movement. I saw the simplest version of a kaleidoscope at a roadside stall along a beach. It was just two perpendicular glass tubes, filled with a colored liquid and some sparklers. As I looked though the eyepiece, the sunshine around magically conceived the most beautiful patterns in the glass tube in my hand and with each of my hand movements I saw new patterns evolve. So it is with life the patterns emerge, distort and keep changing. Some days it just gets cloudy, some days the hands are just not steady. What lies inside stays the same but what shows on the surface is never the same. 

I am not sure whether I want to hold the glass tube steady and keep looking at what I behold now. I somehow invariably have the itch to shake things slightly, move them around to see what more can evolve. Then I have a second urge to hold on to some patterns that just seem too dear. But incidentally someone too likes to play this game and sometimes he chooses to smile radiantly with all his warmth and sometimes he just shies behind some loathsome cloud.

So for all the sun-shine, clouds, rain and snow bring them on.. its a New Year yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment