Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lonely planet!

'She stuck on, almost reminding one of Fevicol ads that you might remember from your childhood. And somewhere I guess I wanted to stick on too. It made sense. It felt right...'

"And this is how the world begins to make sense suddenly one day.."
Wait.. no i don't want to count another friend who rattles off these lines on my face. Nothing ever makes sense to me, and I took solace in the fact that you my friend stood with me equally perplexed with life and people who make such statements. I wasn't prepared to hear you say this.

And yeah a little heads up would have been good. You don't have to literally translate the phrase, 'writing on the wall' even when you are a literarian worth your salt. While I am happy for you. Happy to know that your blogs would now have a different theme.. (haha.. you had over exploited the earlier theme) but then you were doing real good, there can be different ways to look at the same thing. But you choose to change the choice of subject and desert the fraternity to join the the pretentious V day crowd!

So i would lament, at being left behind in the lonely club. Would have done that, but for the warm snow flakes falling gently on my shoulders. Interestingly at least something made sense to me today. I saw a perfect snowflake on my black jacket. And I really know what my chemistry teacher talked about when she talked about the shape of snowflakes. And then i also understood what the poet meant, when he said



'each snowflake is unique,
the same pattern is never cast twice..'

I know the two are antagonistic in some ways. The chemistry teacher tried to define the shape as a standard which could be explained by molecule spatial theory. She tried to kill all the romance by saying all snowflakes were just the same..& the well the poet romanticized the beauty, for him it was unique. Somehow both made sense together as I walked home in the gentle snowfall...

Perhaps this is how snow made perfect sense to our lonely planet for millions of years.It was easy to cut off the incomprehensible world outside and lie cozy beneath the warm blanket of snow..

Footnotes: this blog shaped during the class of sustainable business enterprises, and specifically a lecture on global warming. these lectures are messing up my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment