Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eloquent subtlety

Two year later, He walks past a bookstore advertising a new release with huge posters of the author's face. The book, billed as a novel, is called Sonata for a Good Man. He walked in because he had known the author.
Two years before he had heard the author play the sheet music and wonder "Can anyone who has heard this music, I mean truly heard it, really be a bad person?" He wept because he didn't belong to the wrong side.
Ah! life has its own ways to change people's belief..fate makes the author lose faith in his belief one day.
But then life has its own way to restore them back again..
He goes inside, opens a copy, and reads the dedication,
At the checkout counter the clerk asks whether he should gift-wrap the book, and He replies, "no, it's for me."- The Lives of Others.

"Looking towards the open window, I saw the wreaths from Joe's pipe floating there and I fancied it was like a blessing from Joe- not obtruded on me or paraded before me, but pervading the air we shared together. I put my light out, and crept into bed; and it was an uneasy bed now, and I never slept the old sound sleep in it any more"- Great Expectation

Somehow both portray the same emotion. Although not quite the same, one realization puts you at rest and the other makes you lose sleep. However the realizations dawn without the cumbersome exchange of words. Its the subtlety of the expression that makes the realization so powerful. Its the receptivity of the recipient which makes the realization so powerful.
Its the sheer beauty of such moments, which puts a smile on your face. Sometimes it happens to you in person and sometimes you just relate to it while watching a movie or reading it in a novel. I am not sure if reading this blog conveys that sentiment eloquently so either watch the movie or read the novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment