Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Time of your life..

Today was the start of possibly the last year of my formal education. I don't know whether it was this overarching thought, or the effort of sitting in different classes to still figure out what classes I wanted to take or the nagging thought that the 'what-where next in life' question will stare back stronger with each passing day that made me slightly less at ease. I could sense a certain pressure in the air..
Once in a while you live through one such days, when you feel a little overwhelmed and insecure (at least I do). And this is what I do- I go about life doing the things that I am suppose to do while keeping a ear out for 'my song'. I don't dig into my song collection and try to decide which song would help me sail through the day, I simply tune into a radio station in the hope that something will come right by my alley. I have this weird theory that if randomly I come across the song that sounds just right then there is someone playing out music just for me. And yes there is someone who is watching out for me. Physiologically speaking my decision to not put the effort to search for the song and instead wait for it to play places me in a category of people who cannot claim to be truly action or result oriented. However I cannot feign happiness to prove or qualify as someone else..
I let myself be content with the sudden wind fall of a good song that played out just for me..
So today Pandora genome project picked up the following song for me as I sat down to figure out my classes, my resume, my winter travel plans..And I knew that this was 'my song'

"Another turning point a fork stuck in the road 

Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go 
So make the best of this test and don't ask why 
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time 

[Chorus]
It's something unpredictable but in the end 
It's right I hope you've had the time of your life 

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind 
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time 
Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial 
For what it's worth it was worth all the while.."

I guess this will be the theme song for the year that starts today...

1 comment: