Thursday, October 4, 2012

A little sun...

In the last few days there were two small motions that I noticed around me that triggered a chain of thoughts in my damp head.
The chill is slowly trying to sneak in and how I hate the lousy companion it has chosen-the dim witted fog and the half-hearted rain. The depressing fog greets you every morning and the constant drizzle tests your patience through the day. This sloppy weather is making me miserably miss the sunshine, so much so that I sense a certain dull humidity in my own head. I hear myself singing,
Give me some sunshine, Give me no rain..
Give me another chance, I wanna love the weather again!!

Before I ramble more about the weather, I will come back to the initial purpose of the blog and talk of the two motions.
1) The digital clock on my mobile going from 9:30 pm to 8:30 pm as I just crossed over from EST to CST.  We were driving back from Indianapolis to Champaign and since I don't drive, my job was to extend moral support to the person behind the wheel and keep her company with an entertaining but not too distracting conversation. I would have so wanted to shut up and snore peacefully but I was duty bound. Since I was so awake I glanced at my mobile and saw the digits change in front of my eyes. To lose time on my way up and then gain it on my way back is no bargain but still to get an hour at 9:30 pm, made me suddenly more awake!
2) I sat by my window watching the light drizzle outside with not much of an appreciative look. There were clear signs of the onset of winter, the changing season. As I registered all the changes around I noticed the rain drops landing on the sun dried leaves, the leaves getting detached and fall freely to the ground. For me the movement of the falling leaves was a beautiful personification of Tom Petty song Free Fallin'..
And I'm free, free fallin'
Yeah I'm free, free fallin'..

I guess both these triggers were significant, they made me conscious of time and change. Perhaps the two most powerful things in our life's. Its really a cathartic experience to look at life sometimes and think how time has ushered in so much change in us. All the 'what if's' that come to mind, wondering what life would have been if time took you back or forward in life. All the people and places come to mind and I just smiled for everything that has come my way and brace myself for the winter that is inching closer with each passing day.
However all I ask for is a little reassuring sun somewhere in the sky above! I have no answers for this solar fixation but I blame my pahari genes... :) Or may be the sun is just symbolic of a constant that I like to have in my life when everything around keeps changing with each passing hour..

No comments:

Post a Comment